Top 5 Tips For a Sustainable COP28 Travel Experience
Listen to this story:
- Use Public Transportation: Dubai boasts of an excellent public transportation system, with its metro covering major part of the city. Opt for these eco-friendly options for your commute instead of hiring a private car to reduce your carbon footprint.
- Stay in Eco-Friendly Hotels: Increasingly, hotels in Dubai are focusing on sustainability. Look for accommodations that utilize renewable energy, have water conservation practices, or utilize locally-sourced and organic food products in their restaurants.
- Support Local Businesses: While shopping or dining out, choose local artisans and restaurants over international chains. This not only helps to boost the local economy but also reduces the carbon emissions associated with transporting goods from abroad.
- Opt for Reusable Items: Pack reusable shopping bags, water bottles, and coffee cups in your luggage. Many cafes and restaurants in Dubai are more than happy to refill your personal items, helping to minimize plastic waste.
- Responsible Sightseeing: While exploring Dubai, be respectful of the environment. Stick to designated paths, especially in delicate ecosystems like the desert or the marine parks, and never litter. Remember, the goal is to leave no trace behind.
Related Article: Top 5 Must-See Attractions While in Dubai for COP28
Visiting Dubai for COP28 can be a chance to put these sustainable practices into action. Traveling sustainably not only helps preserve the beautiful city of Dubai, but it also sets a positive example for others.
By Matt Bird, CEO & Editor – ESG News