Please read this carefully because it sets out the terms of a legally binding agreement between you and ESG News. By booking to attend any Event, you confirm that you have read and agree to these terms.
A. Booking for Events
B. Attending Physical Events
C. Attending Digital Events
D. Use of Your Details
E. Terms for Speakers
F. Limitations on ESG News’ Liability
G. General Legal Provisions
1. The following terms apply whether you are booking to attend an Event in person (“Physical Event”) or online (“Digital Event”). Some Events can be attended as either a Physical Event or a Digital Event. Individuals who attend (or register to attend) any Event are referred to in these terms as “Attendees”.
2. On booking, you must provide ESG News with accurate, complete registration information and it is your responsibility to update ESG News with any changes to that information. ESG News is entitled to rely on any information you provide to us.
3. Each booking is for a single user only. The email address that you provide on booking must correspond to a named email account and not a generic or shared email account.
4. All bookings are subject to availability and acceptance by ESG News, which will be confirmed in writing (including by email) after ESG News has received the completed booking form, the related fees if required (the “Fees”), and anything else that ESG News may require.
5. Upon ESG News’ written confirmation to you of its acceptance of your booking for a place at an Event there will be a legally binding contract between ESG News and you to which these terms apply.
6. ESG News reserves the right to refuse to accept any booking in its absolute discretion.
7. Your email address will comprise your ID (“ID”) for logging in to any Digital Services, where “Digital Services” means (a) any digital networking app or other tools provided for use at any Physical Event; and/or (b) any website or app used to host a Digital Event or to provide Community Features (as defined in Section C below) for a Digital Event.
8. You are responsible for all use of any Digital Services made by you or anyone else using your ID and for preventing unauthorised use of your ID. In particular, where we provide you with a unique link for logging in to any Digital Services, you should ensure that this is not shared with anyone else, as it will be tied to your ID.
9. If you believe there has been any breach of security such as the disclosure, theft or unauthorised use of your ID or any payment information, you must notify ESG News immediately by emailing us at [email protected]
10. Fees for each Event are correct at the time of publication. ESG News reserves the right to change the Fees at any time but changes will not affect registrations which have already been confirmed by ESG News. The Fees (where required) are payable at the same time as you submit your booking form by credit card or cheque. You acknowledge that ESG News cannot guarantee places held on a provisional basis and that places may sell out.
11. The Fees do not include travel to or from the Event or any accommodation costs incurred.
12. Under VAT regulations, Attendees from all countries are required to pay VAT at the applicable rate on all Events taking place in the United Kingdom. For Events in other countries, Attendees are required to pay any VAT, excise duty or other sales tax which is applicable.
13. Whilst our programmes are correct at the time of going to press, in certain circumstances it may be necessary for ESG News to alter the content, format, venue or timing of an Event. All Attendees will be notified of such changes prior to the Event.
14. If you cannot attend an Event for which you have registered, please contact ESG News as soon as possible (and in any event no later than 24 hours before the Event) at [email protected] ESG News may at our absolute discretion allow a substitute to attend the Event in your place (provided that ESG News has received the details of that substitute) or allow you to attend the next available Event.
15. If You notify us that You wish to cancel your attendance at a Physical Event for which a Fee is payable, then cancellation charges will apply as follows (please note that refunds may take up to 14 working days):
Written notice received by us % of Fee to be charged
More than 30 days prior to the first day of the Event 25%
Within 30 days to the first day of the Event 100%
The refund will be distributed in the same form as the original payment was received (e.g. credit card payment will refund to the same credit card account number).
16. All Fees for Digital Events are non-refundable, except the circumstances described in paragraph 17 below.
17. ESG News may in exceptional circumstances need to postpone or cancel an Event, and we will notify you as soon as reasonably practicable of any such postponement or cancellation. If an Event is cancelled, or if an Event is postponed and you cannot attend the rearranged date, we will refund any Fees you have paid in advance within 8 weeks. You agree that ESG News’ liability to you will be limited to the amount of the Fees you have paid and ESG News will not be liable to you for any expenditure, damage or loss incurred by you as a result of the cancellation or postponement.
18. ESG News reserves the right to cancel your attendance at the Event and retain any Fees received in respect of your proposed Event attendance if you (or any of the shareholders or directors of the legal entity which you represent) become(s) subject to any Sanction, or continuation of these terms would (in the reasonable opinion of ESG News) expose ESG News or any of its affiliated companies to any Sanction, where “Sanction” means any sanction, prohibition or restriction under United Nations resolutions or the trade or economic sanctions, laws or regulations of the European Union, United Kingdom, Hong Kong or United States of America.
1. Please advise us of any special access requirements at the time of making your booking for any Physical Event.
2. ESG News reserves the right, without any liability, to refuse you admission or eject you from any Physical Event for failure to comply with these Terms; or if in ESG News’ opinion you represent a security risk, nuisance or annoyance to the running of the Event.
3. You are responsible for arranging your own appropriate insurance cover in connection with your attendance at any Physical Event. To the maximum extent permitted by law, ESG News will not be liable for any kind of loss or damage to you or your personal property, unless caused by our negligence.
4. Materials distributed by or on behalf of ESG News at a Physical Event may not be reproduced without ESG News’ permission.
5. Except as otherwise instructed at a Physical Event (for example, where sessions are stated to take place under the Chatham House Rule), you are permitted to make reasonable video or audio recordings and to take photographs at any Physical Event, in each case for your own personal use. You must not make video or audio recordings of the whole (or substantially the whole) of any Physical Event or of any session within the Physical Event, or use any recordings or photographs for commercial purposes, unless expressly permitted by ESG News.
6. You acknowledge that any Physical Event or part of it may be filmed by audio, visual, audio-visual or electronic means or photographed, including photographs of individual Attendees or groups of Attendees. You agree to permit ESG News, or any third party licensed by ESG News, to use and distribute such footage and photographs, which may feature images of you, in all or any media (including social media) whether now known or hereafter to be invented throughout the world in perpetuity for the purposes of advertising, publicity, reporting and otherwise in relation to the exploitation of such recordings and photographs. Please inform the photographer if you do not wish to be included in any individual or group photographs.
1. The Digital Event is a web-based event which can be accessed through desktop or mobile devices using the link provided in the confirmation email sent to You. The Digital Event can be accessed live or for a limited time after the Event has taken place.
2. You are solely responsible for ensuring that you have the necessary desktop or mobile equipment and internet connection for accessing the Digital Event.
3. ESG News reserves the right, without any liability, to refuse you access or eject you from the Digital Event for failure to comply with these Terms; or if in ESG News’ opinion you represent a security risk, nuisance or annoyance to the running of the Digital Event.
4. You are not permitted to make your own video or audio recordings of the Digital Event, or use any photographs or screenshots of the Digital Event for commercial purposes, unless expressly permitted by ESG News.
5. Materials distributed by or on behalf of ESG News in connection with a Digital Event may not be reproduced without ESG News’ permission.
6. A Digital Event may include features allowing Attendees to post questions, comments, messages and other content (together, “Attendee Content”).
7. The Digital Event may allow all or some Attendees to access additional networking features (“Community Features”) that enable them to directly contact other Attendees who have access to the same features.
8. Attendee Content may comprise either:
9. You must not post, link to or otherwise publish any Attendee Content that:
10. You acknowledge that ESG News cannot control the Attendee Content posted by others. so we cannot therefore guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of any Attendee Content. Some users may not behave properly and may post Attendee that is misleading, untrue or offensive.
11. ESG News reserves the right to monitor or review any Public Content or Community Content, though it is not possible for us to fully monitor all Public Content or Community Content. ESG News also reserves the right to access and review any Private Content in respect of which any complaint is made by its recipient. ESG News may remove any Attendee Content that is potentially in breach of these terms. We may also ban an Attendee from posting any further Attendee Content or eject them from the Digital Event.
12. If you post any Public Content, you are granting ESG News a right (but not an obligation) unlimited in time to publish, re-use, archive, modify, delete or commercially exploit that Public Content in whole or in part as we see fit, without any requirement to pay you for this and with or without attribution to you. This means that you grant us a worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free licence to use any Public Content you publish in whole or in part in any manner and for any purpose whatsoever and without further obligation to you. you also waive any moral rights that you may have in regard to the Public Content.
2. If you provide ESG News with an email address that will result in any messages ESG News may send you being sent to you via a network or device operated or owned by a third party (e.g. your employer or colleague) then you promise that you are entitled to receive those messages. You also agree that ESG News may stop sending messages to you without notifying you.
3. Where an Event is stated (in the booking process of that Event) to have an “Attendee List”, this means that the names, job titles and organizations of all registered Attendees at that Event will be included on a list that is provided to speakers, sponsoring companies and (for Physical Events) other Attendees at the Event. You can opt out of being included in the Attendee List when you book for the Event by using the opt-out box provided, or by emailing [email protected] If there is no opt-out box on the registration form then this means there is no Attendee List for that Event.
4. For Digital Events, the Attendee List is not made available to Attendees (other than speakers and sponsoring companies, as set out in paragraph 3 above). However, your details may be available to other Attendees if you post Attendee Content or make use of Community Features, as those terms are defined in under “Attendee Content and Community Features” in section C above.
5. Attendees must not use the Attendee List for their own promotional and marketing purposes, for example by using the Attendee List list for sending any form of unsolicited communications to other Attendees.
6. ESG News will only contact you for marketing purposes, and will only pass on your contact details to sponsors for marketing purposes, to the extent that you agree to this (for example, during the booking process for your account or for any Event).
1. If you are a speaker or moderator at any Event, you acknowledge that any or all of the following may apply to your involvement in the Event:
If you have any concerns about any of the above, please speak to your ESG News contact for the Event.
2. If you are a speaker or moderator at any Digital Event, it is your responsibility to ensure you have the necessary software, equipment and internet access to participate in the Digital Event. Details will be provided of who to contact if you encounter any technical difficulties before or during your participation in the Digital Event.
3. You confirm that your contribution to the Event will comprise your own original content and that you will either own, or have permission to use, any materials you use, distribute or display at the Event (for example, any slides, handouts or other presentation materials).
1. In these terms, “Event Content” means any content communicated, supplied, displayed, or otherwise made available by us, or by any speakers, at or in connection with any Event. This includes, but is not limited to, any presentations, handouts, slides, or audiovisual materials.
2. Event Content is only for your general information and entertainment purposes and is not intended to address your particular requirements. In particular, Event Content does not constitute any form of advice, recommendation, representation, endorsement or arrangement by ESG News or by any speaker. It is not intended to be and should not be relied upon by you in making (or refraining from making) any specific investment, purchase, sale or other decisions. Appropriate independent advice should be obtained before making any such decision, such as from a qualified financial adviser.
3. Views expressed by speakers are their own and ESG News disclaims all liability for advice given or views expressed during an Event.
4. Any agreements, transactions or other arrangements made between you and any other Attendee at any Event (or any other user of any Digital Services) are at your own responsibility and entered into at your own risk.
5. ESG News promises to develop and operate any Events and any Digital Services with reasonable skill and care and in accordance with good industry practice and all applicable laws.
What we do not promise
6. ESG News does not provide any other promises or warranties about any Events, Digital Services or Event Content. Digital Services and Event Content are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. This means that ESG News does not make any promises in respect of any Events or Digital Services or the services and functions available at, on or through any Events or Digital Services or of the quality, completeness or accuracy of any Event Content other than as expressly stated above.
7. The above disclaimers apply equally to your use of any Digital Services and your attendance at any Events. Without limiting the above, ESG News is not liable for matters beyond its reasonable control. ESG News does not control third-party communications networks (including your internet service provider), the internet, acts of God, or the acts of third parties.
8. You agree that if we are in breach of these terms, we will only be responsible to you for any damages that you incur arising out of your attendance at any Events or your use of any Digital Services or Event Content (to the extent that ESG News’ liability is not otherwise excluded by this section F) as follows:
9. The limitations of liability in this section F apply for the benefit of ESG News, its affiliates, including those listed in the section headed “ESG News contracting entity” below, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents or any company who we transfer our rights and obligations to in accordance with these terms.
10. ESG News’ liability will not be limited in the case of death or personal injury directly caused by ESG News’ negligence in those countries where it is unlawful for ESG News to seek to exclude such liability.
1. By booking for any Digital Event, you are entering into a contract with ESG News.
3. These terms contain the entire agreement between you and ESG News.
4. If any provision of these terms is held to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason by any court of competent jurisdiction, such provision will be severed and the remainder of the provisions will continue in full force and effect as if the terms had been executed with the invalid, illegal or unenforceable provision omitted.
5. Any express or implied waiver to perform any obligations under these terms will not prevent the subsequent enforcement of them.
6. A person who is not a party to these terms has no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of these terms.
7. These terms will be governed by English law and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. Nothing in this clause will limit ESG News’ right to take proceedings against you in any other court of competent jurisdiction.
8. If you have any questions about these Terms & Conditions, please contact [email protected]
9. These terms were published on 3 November 2021 and apply until these terms are superseded by a new version.
10. ESG News may update these terms for legal or regulatory reasons, or to reflect changes in our services or business practices. We will provide notice of any significant changes in this section of our terms. You should regularly check this section to see if any changes have been made.
Add this web page on your home screen for quick and easy access when you’re on the go.