MSCI Upgrades CNO Financial Group’s ESG Rating to A
CNO Financial Group, Inc. recently announced that MSCI has upgraded its ESG rating two notches from BB to A. The upgrade reflects the company’s improved performance on environmental, social and governance (ESG) initiatives.
“This important two-notch MSCI ESG rating upgrade reflects our commitment to building a sustainable business,” said Jennifer Childe, vice president of investor relations and sustainability. “As a purpose-driven organization, ESG is foundational to our overall business strategy. We continue to believe that effecting positive change will create long-term value for all of our stakeholders.”
CNO continues to make significant progress with its ESG program. Over the last 18 months, notable accomplishments include:
- Adopted the Task Force on Climate-Related Financial Disclosures (TCFD) and the Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB) reporting frameworks
- Performed first greenhouse gas emissions inventory and set an emission reduction target
- Advanced our diversity, equity and inclusion (DE&I) agenda and named a full-time DE&I leader
- Augmented our associate benefits, including enhanced virtual health care services, mental well-being and caregiver resources
- Introduced a responsible investment policy
- Funded $167 million in new impact investments
- Earned the Great Place to Work® certification in 2020 and 2021
See related article: Exelon Named to Fortune’s Most Admired Companies List
MSCI ESG Research provides in-depth research, ratings and analysis of the environmental, social and governance-related business practices of thousands of companies worldwide. The MSCI ESG Ratings are also used in the construction of the MSCI ESG Indexes, produced by MSCI, Inc.
For more information about CNO’s commitment to corporate responsibility, please see the Sustainability section of our website www.CNOinc.com.
Source: CNO Financial Group