Mytheresa and DHL Express Commit to Sustainability with Major Investment in Eco-Friendly Fuel
Listen to this story:
Key Impact Points:
- Strategic Partnership: DHL Express and Mytheresa have signed a five-year strategic partnership for DHL’s GoGreen Plus service.
- Sustainable Aviation Fuel: The collaboration focuses on reducing CO2e emissions by replacing conventional jet fuel with sustainable aviation fuel (SAF).
- Significant Investment: Mytheresa will invest several million euros in the GoGreen Plus service, marking the largest such investment by a DHL Express customer in Europe.
- Emissions Reduction: The partnership is estimated to reduce CO2e emissions from Mytheresa’s international shipments by over 27,000 tons across the five-year period.
The collaboration enables CO2e emissions to be reduced through the use of sustainable aviation fuel (SAF) instead of conventional jet fuel.
- Largest investment by a DHL customer to date in Europe in the GoGreen Plus service with long-term partnership over five years
- Mytheresa is the first and largest global e-commerce platform based in Germany to offer the service
- Partnership is a clear commitment to greater sustainability in international express shipping
DHL Express has signed a five-year strategic partnership with Mytheresa, one of the world’s leading luxury e-commerce platforms, for its new GoGreen Plus service. This enables CO2e emissions to be reduced through the use of sustainable aviation fuel (SAF) instead of conventional jet fuel. Mytheresa will invest several million euros in GoGreen Plus over a period of five years. This is the largest investment in this service by a DHL Express customer in Europe to date and, with a contract duration of five years, a long-term commitment to sustainability. It is estimated that this investment in GoGreen Plus will enable Mytheresa to reduce the CO2e emissions associated with its international shipments by more than 27,000 tons over the five years.