Subaru Releases Fifth Annual Corporate Impact Report
Listen to this story:
Automaker named to Points of Light Civic 50 as one of the most community-minded companies in America for 2023
Subaru of America released its 2022 Corporate Impact Report, detailing for the fifth year how they share the love with their customers, employees, environment, and community. One highlight not included within the report is the recent announcement that Points of Light has named Subaru a 2023 Civic 50 Honoree, recognizing the automaker as one of the 50 most community-minded companies in America, for the third consecutive year.
“We’d like to thank our retailers, employees, partners, and the entire Subaru family for helping us achieve and exceed our impact goals in 2022, as well as for providing the inspiration to accomplish even more together in the future,” said Tadashi ‘Tady’ Yoshida, Chairman and CEO of Subaru of America, Inc.
The Subaru Corporate Impact Report details the ways in which SOA exemplified their mission to be More Than a Car Company® throughout the 2022 calendar year. Compiled as a result of broadened data collection and disclosure efforts, the report shares the who, what, where, when, and why of the automaker’s efforts to positively impact every individual its work reaches — from new car buyers to longtime owners to retailers and partners, as well as those in the communities where Subaru employees live and work.
“At Subaru we take it to heart when saying we are More Than a Car Company, and know it comes with the responsibility of living out our pledge with a commitment to improving the world around us,” said Jeff Walters, President and COO of Subaru of America, Inc.
The Subaru Love Promise is the focal point of the report, extending into five pillars: Subaru Loves to Care, Subaru Loves the Earth, Subaru Loves to Help, Subaru Loves Learning, and Subaru Loves Pets. Milestones reached in 2022 include more than $1.9 million in philanthropic gifts to nonprofits in the Camden, New Jersey community where SOA is based, and over 10,000 hours employees spent volunteering across the nation.
See related article: Apollo Publishes 14th Annual Sustainability Report Investing in Tomorrow Today
Living Our Values
- Subaru of America Foundation partnered with SOA’s Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) to grant funding to nonprofits that support Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging (DEIB) outcomes.
- In 2022, over half of Subaru employees were involved in the company’s ERGs, which bring its DEIB values to life.
- The talent management and acquisition team continued to benchmark their DEIB practices in the employee recruitment and retention process through partnerships with Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs), the Minority Corporate Counsel Association, the National Association of Black Accountants, Women of Color Automotive Network, and military organizations.
Subaru Love Promise Customer Commitment
- Received recognition by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) for four vehicle models as a TOP SAFETY PICK+ and two as a TOP SAFETY PICK in 2022.
- Earned ‘Superior’ rating in front crash prevention from IIHS for all vehicle models when equipped with EyeSight® Driver Assist Technology.
- Received 2022 Best Cars for Teens award for Ascent and Forester from U.S. News & World Report.
- Named #20 on the list of the 100 most visible U.S.-based companies in the 2022 Axios Harris Poll 100 Reputation Ranking, based on a survey of more than 30,000 Americans.
- Sold all available Subaru Solterra models, the company’s first fully electric vehicle, produced in 2022; demonstrating progress toward its goal to electrify 100% of Subaru vehicles by 2035.
Subaru Love Promise Community Commitment
- The annual Subaru Share the Love Event reached the 15-year milestone of $256 million donated to national and hometown charities.
- More than 70% of SOA employees volunteered a total of 10,000+ hours in 2022.
- Most SOA employees (over 70%) participated in company sponsored volunteering efforts in 2022, achieving a total of 10,000+ volunteer hours.
- Subaru is one of the most fuel-efficient automotive brands in the United States, based on improvement in fuel economy per mile since 2009 as analyzed by the EPA.
- Subaru remanufactured 1,548+ tons of products in 2022.
In addition to highlighting how Subaru was More Than a Car Company in 2022, the report showcases how the automaker’s 2022 corporate responsibility actions parallel the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.