O3 Mining Presents Its 2021 ESG Report
O3 Mining Inc. is proud to announce it has published its 2021 environmental, social and governance (“ESG”) Report outlining the Corporation sustainable development framework and its performance and practices.
O3 Mining achieved many significant milestones in the past year as it continued to advance towards its goal of becoming a gold producer in the Val-d’Or region of Québec, Canada. The Corporation has remained committed to the responsible development of its projects by incorporating a holistic sustainability approach to generate value for all stakeholders and to handle environmental concerns.
- Obtention of UL 2723 ECOLOGO® Certification
- Hosted its first Citizen Information meeting for residents surrounding the Marban project;
- Zero Cases of COVID-19 in 2021;
- Completion of its first GHG Emissions Inventory;
- 8,953 Trees planted as part of environmental rehabilitation plan;
- Approximately 39% Gender diversity achieved;
- A total of 2,542 hours of employee training were completed for Environment, Exploration and Geology, Health and Safety, Governance/Management and Human Resources;
- C$ 70,000 was contributed to donations and sponsorships.
“O3 Mining has continued to integrate sustainable development practices as a fundamental part of our business strategy which has led to the achievement of some outstanding milestones. I’m very proud of what the team has accomplished in the past year as we work collaboratively to create a more sustainable future while building tomorrow’s projects,” said Jose Vizquerra, President and Chief Executive Officer of O3 Mining.
Myrzah Bello, Vice President of Sustainable Development and Human Resources commented, “Our 2021 ESG Report highlights how sustainable development has been further integrated into our corporate strategy as we’ve kept climate change and ESG considerations at the forefront of everything we do. We pride ourselves on keeping open and transparent relationships with our stakeholders, this report incorporated what we heard and their feedback will continue to be of influence going forward.”
The 2021 ESG Report is O3 Mining’s second published report and is designed to provide shareholders and stakeholders with a clear tool to track O3 Mining’s progress as it continues to achieve its ESG related goals. The report has been reviewed and approved by the Vice President of Sustainable Development and Human Resources, the Board of Directors’ Sustainable Development Committee and Senior Management.
Source: O3 Mining, Inc.