Valmont Releases 2022 Sustainability Report
Valmont Industries, Inc., a leading global provider of engineered products and services for infrastructure development and irrigation equipment and services for agriculture, released its 2022 Sustainability Report.
A lifelong dedication to sustainability is at the core of everything Valmont does. The Company’s tagline and purpose statement, Conserving Resources, Improving Life®, connects the business segments to how value to customers is delivered, how innovation is achieved, and how key resources are managed.
“In the past year, we’ve made remarkable strides to minimize our environmental impact, while also creating increasingly efficient and sustainable solutions for our customers,” said Stephen G. Kaniewski, President and Chief Executive Officer, “Our vision continues to be the leading provider for sustainable infrastructure and agriculture solutions in the markets we serve.”
Highlights of the 2022 Sustainability Report include:
- Recommitment to 2025 environmental goals
- 19% reduction in carbon emissions from Scope 1 mobile sources
- 12% reduction in normalized electricity usage
- 100% of global manufacturing facilities to adopt low-flow water fixtures for nonproduction areas
- Identified and committed to four United Nations Sustainability Development Goals (UN SDGs) that the business naturally aligns with:
- Goal 2: Zero Hunger – End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition and promote sustainable agriculture
- Goal 7: Affordable and Clean Energy – Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable, and modern energy for all
- Goal 9: Industry, Innovation, and Infrastructure – Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and foster innovation
- Goal 11: Sustainable Cities and Communities – Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient, and sustainable
- Spotlighting the success of the Company’s Champion Green Teams – annual awards recognizing sites which have made significant improvements in their sustainability efforts
“We are excited to highlight our commitments throughout the organization along with our plans to conserve resources and improve life in 2022 and the years beyond,” said Kaniewski.
Source: Valmont Industries, Inc.