J.P. Morgan and StartOut Launch Accelerator for LGBTQ+ Owned Businesses
Listen to this story:
StartOut and J.P. Morgan have unveiled the 12th cohort of LGBTQ+ owned companies to participate in the StartOut Growth Lab Accelerator. The five-month long program provides entrepreneurs with networking, mentorship, and education to support business growth.
The incoming cohort of companies encompasses a wide range of industries, including sustainability, tech, and healthcare.
- Applied Bioplastics (Austin, TX): Supplies economically sustainable plant-based plastic alternatives for a variety of items across household, automotive, appliance, electronic and outdoor equipment industries.
- Hadley (West Hollywood, CA): Allows individuals to contribute to others’ 529 education savings accounts via an all-in-one app.
- INSID3RS (Los Angeles, CA): Offers an all-access decentralized ticketing platform for immersive audience engagement.
- JOBGRAZE (Tampa, FL): Provides a healthcare staffing marketplace and hiring platform for nurses and physicians in the U.S. and overseas.
- Mazzy Health (Dallas, TX): Provides a mental health platform for teens and young adults, including teletherapy, academic coaching, parent updates, and live and on-demand events and resources.
- Moss Amigos (San Jose, CA): Cultivates uniquely designed moss plants, accessible to any consumer, with or without a green thumb.
- Motivo Scar Care (Long Branch, NJ): Creates inclusive, performance proof and water-resistant scar tape and topicals to heal and fade scars.
- Orgmatch (Vancouver, Canada): Matches funders and non-profits with the goal of increasing the speed and equity of accessing and deploying funding in the nonprofit sector.
- SARELLY SARELLY (Mexico City, Mexico): Provides an environment to help Hispanic Gen Z shoppers and trendsetters access luxury products and services.
- WRKiiT (Oakland, CA): Aims to empower fitness instructors by providing a supportive platform for self-development, business growth and community building.
“I am always struck by the level of innovation, determination, and leadership that Growth Lab entrepreneurs bring to the table,” said David Barbee, Head of LGBTQ+ Initiatives, J.P. Morgan Commercial Banking. “These businesses are key players in our economy, creating jobs and developing unique products and services to support local communities.”
“While each company in Cohort 12 is tackling a unique challenge, they all share a common passion for breaking barriers and supporting wellness and equity in their communities,” said Brian Richardson, CEO of StartOut. “We are excited to once again work with the team at J.P. Morgan to provide mentorship and guidance to our entrepreneurs. We are honored to play a role in their exciting business journeys.”
The StartOut Growth Lab is a highly competitive program that accepts only the most promising LGBTQ+ owned businesses. The program provides entrepreneurs with access to a network of experienced mentors, investors, and business leaders. They also receive training on topics such as fundraising, marketing, and sales.