Spirit Realty Capital, Inc. Releases Inaugural Environmental, Social and Governance Report
Spirit Realty Capital, Inc., a net-lease real estate investment trust (“REIT”) that invests in single-tenant, operationally essential real estate, today released its inaugural Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Report highlighting the Company’s ESG initiatives in 2021 (the “2021 ESG Report”). Spirit aligned its 2021 ESG Report with the Sustainability Accounting Standards Board and the Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures standards. To support this initiative, the Company engaged third-party sustainability and ESG advisor, HXE Partners.
“I am pleased to present our 2021 Environmental, Social and Governance Report which details our sound ESG-related practices and our commitment to be responsible and conscientious in everything we do as we strive to both drive long-term stakeholder value and make the communities in which we operate a better place to live and work,” stated Jackson Hsieh, President and Chief Executive Officer.
KEY REPORT HIGHLIGHTS
- Formalized Board and Board Committee oversight of ESG-related items as reflected in the ESG flow chart located in the 2021 ESG Report
- Engaged in active Board refreshment, including the addition of two female directors in 2021, making the Board 40% female
- Conducted an enterprise risk management assessment to understand key risks and priorities
- Continued focus on diversity and inclusion by establishing a Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Policy
- Donated over $200,000 in 2021 to charitable organizations, including those focused on environmental sustainability and diversity, equity and inclusion
- Adopted an Environmental Management System to formalize company policies for implementing sound environmental practices throughout the business
- Integrated green lease provisions into Spirit’s form lease
Spirit’s 2021 ESG Report is available on the Company’s website at www.spiritrealty.com.
Source: Spirit Realty Capital, Inc.