Minaurum Provides ESG Report and Grants Options
Minaurum Gold, Inc. is pleased to announce details of its ESG (Environmental, Social, Governance) activities at its flagship Alamos Silver Project located in Sonora, Mexico. For more information and Minaurum’s ESG Presentation, please visit https://minaurum.com/investors/esg/.
“Minaurum conducts its exploration programs under industry-leading standards and practices,” stated Darrell Rader, President and CEO. “We are pleased to provide this report on our efforts at the Alamos project where over 75% of locals benefit directly from our exploration efforts. We continue to implement an increasing number of sustainable practices as a fundamental part of our business strategy.”
Below is a summary of ESG initiatives undertaken at the Alamos Silver project.
Minaurum conducts its exploration programs using industry-leading environmental standards that exceed local and international requirements. In collaboration with stakeholders, Minaurum has:
- Planted over 11,000 Agave plants for the community
- Built a community nursery for the growth of decorative, medicinal plants as well as fruits and vegetables
- Donated two 100,000 liter geomembrane water tanks for storage of potable clean water
- Built a Community Green Zone along with organizing educational workshops on the environment
- Utilized man-portable modular drills reducing environmental footprint
- Recirculated and recycled up to 70% of water used in exploration programs
Minaurum provides employment, procures supplies locally and offers training/educational opportunities to elevate the standard of living within the communities it operates in. In collaboration with stakeholders, Minaurum has:
- Provided medical and sanitation supplies during COVID together with transportation to testing and vaccination clinics
- Provided monthly free COVID tests to the local community totaling 545 individual tests
- Supplied food and water packages containing staples such as rice, beans, fruits and vegetables
- Funded a plant nursery for local employment administered by a female committee
- Donated a 40,000 liter geo-membrane water basin for the nursery
- Provided employment opportunities to the local community including geologists, labourers, prospectors and drillers
- Created multiple microloan programs providing loans for new businesses and personal needs
- Donated equipment to the public safety department
- Provided soccer jerseys to local youth
- Invested in infrastructure including roads, property fences, household structures and public restroom facilities
- Provided education material and workshops including first aid courses
- Provided sewing machines to the local communities to make covid masks during the pandemic
Minaurum practices high standards of conduct and communication between its local representatives and stakeholders including contractors and local communities. Minaurum holds regular meetings with local communities to ensure open lines of communication.
See related article: Lion Copper and Gold Corp. Announces Appointment of Vice President, ESG
Stock Option Grant
Minaurum also announces it has granted 7,050,000 common share stock options (the “Options”) to directors, officers and consultants. The Options are exercisable at a price of $0.40 for a period of 10 years from the issue date. In addition, it has also granted consultants 650,000 options exercisable at a price of $0.40 for a period of 5 years from the issue date. All of the options will be vested as per the following schedule: 25% will vest immediately and another 25% each semi-annually. All of the stock options were granted pursuant to Minaurum’s Stock Option Plan.
Source: Minaurum Gold, Inc.
Leave a Comment