Western Union Earns Three Recognitions for ESG Efforts
Listen to this story:
- Recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies for the second time;
- Bloomberg’s Gender Equality Index for the fourth consecutive year; and
- Inclusion in the FTSE4Good Index Series
The Western Union Company, a leader in cross-border money movement, has received three distinctions for its efforts in advancing its environment, social and governance (ESG) strategy.
See related article: Western Union Highlights ESG Progress and Recognitions Received
The company’s ESG strategy focuses on furthering economic prosperity, promoting the integrity of money movement and advancing diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI). To date, recognitions for this work include:
- Recognized by Ethisphere, a global leader in defining and advancing the standards of ethical business practices, as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies honorees for the second consecutive year. Western Union was one of seven honorees in the financial services industry.
- Named on Bloomberg’s Gender-Equality Index, a leading indicator of corporate gender-equality efforts, for a fourth consecutive year.
- Included in the FTSE4Good Index Series, designed to measure the performance of companies demonstrating strong ESG practices.
“Western Union exists to help people prosper,” said Ben Adams, Chief Legal Officer and Interim Chief People Officer, Western Union. “These achievements and recognition of our ESG efforts are the result of living our purpose and keeping our values at the center of everything we do.”
Leave a Comment