Sherwin-Williams Issues 2021 Sustainability Report
The Sherwin-Williams Company has issued its 2021 Sustainability Report: Building on the Good, reflecting progress made in its environmental, social and governance (ESG) journey. The report is available at https://sustainability.sherwin-williams.com/doc/Sustainability_Report.
Sherwin-Williams is proud of its ESG track record and accomplishments. Recent Company achievements include:
- Published the Company’s first report that aligns with the Task Force on Climate-Related Financial Disclosures (TCFD) framework
- Collected in 2021 more than 1.0 million gallons of paint for recycling through PaintCare®
- Reduced employee injury rate by more than 50% since 2015
- Implemented Sustainability by Design program across the enterprise, serving as our proactive, foundational process to aid the growth of our “sustainably advantaged products” portfolio
- Established a baseline for “sustainably advantaged products” and developed a plan for expanding this product portfolio
- Developed a structured process for measuring and assessing Scope 3 emissions
- Recognized by Forbes® Magazine as one of World’s Best Employers and America’s Best Employer for Diversity, New Graduates, Women and Veterans
- Strengthened communities through employee service on more than 120 nonprofit boards and financial support of more than 1,300 nonprofit organizations
- Recognized in 2021 by industry-leading groups, including Newsweek® America’s Most Responsible Companies, Yahoo! Finance® Top ESG Stocks, Investor’s Business Daily® Best ESG Companies (top 100), The Wall Street Journal® 250 Best Managed Companies and MSCI® ESG rating, which improved from “BBB” to “A”
“At Sherwin-Williams, corporate responsibility and sustainability are central to how we do business. We demonstrate our ongoing commitment to our employees, customers, communities, shareholders and other stakeholders through our continued efforts to develop and implement comprehensive policies, goals and programs in pursuit of our ESG objectives. We are Building on the Good,” says John G. Morikis, Sherwin-Williams Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. “Our 2021 Sustainability Report reflects the progress we have made in pursuit of our goals and outlines the steps we are taking that reflect our commitment to continuous improvement in everything we do.”
The year’s Sustainability Report builds on the enhanced sustainability framework introduced in the 2020 report, focusing on three pillars: Environmental Footprint, Product Blueprint and Social Imprint. All three pillars sit on a strong foundation of Governance and Ethics and are described in the new report. In preparing this report, the Company referenced sustainability reporting frameworks, such as the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI), the Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB) and the TCFD. The 2021 Sustainability Report includes an appendix containing the Company’s SASB Index disclosures, TCFD Report and Investor ESG Summary.