The Dream Group of Companies Publishes 2021 Sustainability Update Report
The Dream group of companies comprised of DREAM UNLIMITED CORP. (TSX: DRM) (“Dream Unlimited”), DREAM IMPACT TRUST (TSX: MPCT.UN) (“Dream Impact”), DREAM OFFICE REAL ESTATE INVESTMENT TRUST (TSX: D.UN) (“Dream Office”), DREAM INDUSTRIAL REAL ESTATE INVESTMENT TRUST (TSX:DIR.UN) (“Dream Industrial”) and DREAM RESIDENTIAL REAL ESTATE INVESTMENT TRUST (TSX: DRR.U) (“Dream Residential”) announces the release of their 2021 Sustainability Update Report available here. This year’s report highlights Dream’s approach to Environmental, Social and Governance (“ESG”) and impact investing, outlines how Dream has further integrated its ESG Framework into its operations, increased its alignment to the recommendations of the Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD) and reports on our 2021 performance and initiatives.
“At Dream, we pride ourselves on being a leader in impact investing and sustainability combined with our commitment to be transparent and hold ourselves accountable.” said Michael Cooper, Chief Responsible Officer of Dream Unlimited. “In 2021, across the Dream group of companies, we made significant net zero commitments. We are now taking the actions needed to meet our targets, and as part of our commitment to transparency, we will report regularly on our progress towards achieving these goals.”
See related articles: Decarbonizing Existing Real Estate Vital to Addressing Climate Change, Cohesion Releases Comprehensive Guidebook to Simplify ESG Regulations and Reporting Strategies in Commercial Real Estate, Enertiv Expands Platform to Help Commercial Real Estate Tackle Long-Term Decarbonization Goals
Highlights of the 2021 Sustainability Update Report include:
- Dream Unlimited, on behalf of the Dream group of companies, signed onto the United Nation’s Principles for Responsible Investment – an international network of investors working together to implement six key principles to ensure a sustainable global financial system; and joined the Net Zero Asset Managers Initiative, which represents asset managers around the world aligned with net zero GHG emissions targets of 2050 or sooner;
- Dream being certified as a Great Place to Work® which reflects its commitment to creating a positive work culture for all of its employees; Dream Unlimited’s achievement of being a two-time honouree of the Globe and Mail’s Report on Business “Women Lead Here” program that benchmarks gender parity (2020 and 2021);
- Dream Impact and Dream Office formalized their commitment to social procurement by establishing clear and measurable targets for utilizing their purchasing practices to generate social and economic value in the communities where they develop and manage real estate assets, and are already on track to meet these targets;
- Dream Industrial has issued $850 million in Green Bonds to date using its Green Financing Framework;
- Dream Residential leveraged Dream’s existing ESG framework to incorporate ESG in its culture and day to day operations since its formation, pre-IPO; and
- The Executive Roundtable, where members of Dream’s executive team discuss how ESG investments and achievements support their business and financial outcomes.
Source: Dream Unlimited Corp.
Leave a Comment